Who can check my credit report?
Lenders, insurance companies, property managers, or utility providers.
These are just a few entities that The Fair Credit Reporting Act gives permission to access your credit report.
Reasons someone can access your credit report:
- At your request
- In response to a court order
- Related to a credit application
- For a credit account review
- Pre-employment screening
- Underwriting you for insurance
- Attempting to collect a debt
- Child support enforcement
- Make sure your credit report is representing you accurately